Here is your midweek jetpack of Amazon seller news, updates, and other useful clicks for your e-commerce business…
Online Arbitrage Challenge Starts on April 24
Chris Grant’s OA Challenge is back, and the next round begins on April 24, 2023. You can enroll here now.
The OA Challenge is a two-week course that focuses on the mastery of online arbitrage. Over 3,500 sellers have completed the course—and there are hundreds of reviews and testimonials.
It also includes lifetime access to content and a supportive community, as well as numerous bonuses, guides, and extensions for selling.
Check it out here.
How to Optimize Amazon Listings with ChatGPT
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to optimize titles and descriptions of Amazon products using specific prompts with ChatGPT.
Amazon is America’s Most Valuable Brand
As the great LL Cool J once said:
Amazon reclaimed the top spot from Apple on Brand Finance’s annual ranking of the 500 most valuable US brands.
Top 5 Most Valuable US Brands:
- Amazon – brand value: $299.3 billion
- Apple – brand value: $297.5 billion
- Google – brand value: $281.382 billion
- Microsoft – brand value: $191.574 billion
- Walmart – brand value: $113.781 billion
Read more here.
Amazon and Walmart Advance EV Initiatives right before Earth Day
The future looks electric.
Amazon is expanding its electric vehicle (EV) fleet as part of the White House’s EV Acceleration Challenge, with 3,000 custom Rivian electric delivery vehicles already in use in over 500 US cities and regions. The zero-emission vehicles have delivered more than 75 million packages and will soon operate in additional towns. Amazon aims to have 100,000 electric delivery vehicles on the road by 2030.
Walmart plans to establish a “Coast-to-Coast” EV Charging Network by 2030, with fast-charging EV stations at thousands of Walmart and Sam’s Club locations. This is in addition to the existing 1,300 fast-charging stations at over 280 US facilities. Walmart’s charging stations aim to make EV ownership accessible for people in rural, suburban, and urban areas, and the company is committed to keeping charging prices low to ease transportation costs.
Read the full story here.
Amazon Rips Counterfeiters a New A$$hole
Amazon invested $1.2 billion and employed 15,000 people in its 2022 anti-counterfeit efforts, leading to significant achievements such as:
- removing over $6 million worth of counterfeit products.
- pursuing over 1,300 criminals.
- blocking over 800,000 new selling accounts by ‘bad actors.’
- intensely monitoring over 8 billion product detail changes.
- reducing valid notices of infringement by 35%.
Vice president of Amazon Dharmesh Mehta added: “We take pride in the progress our organization has made this past year, specifically further evolving our technology to stay ahead of bad actors and doubling down on our criminal referral and litigation efforts.”
Read the full Brand Protection Report here.
Important Amazon Updates for Yo’ Bad Seller Self
The New Brand Registry Impact Dashboard
You can now view how Amazon protects your intellectual property and listings for your brand-registered ASINs on the new Impact dashboard.
The dashboard provides a quick view of Amazon’s proactive protections for your registered brands, including:
- The number of brands registered and protected
- The number of infringing ASINs removed
- The number of invalid new ASINs or invalid modifications of existing ASINs prevented
Trends can also be viewed, and protection data filtered by store, brand, or category.
View the full announcement here.
Spring 2023 Hardlines Seller Success Webinar
Amazon will be holding a Spring 2023 webinar about selling in hardlines categories such as Toys, Automotives, and Office Supplies on April 13, 2023, from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm (EST).
The focus of the webinar will be on the following:
- Best practices for product selection, pricing, and overall customer experience
- Listing optimization, deal monitoring, and inventory management
- Programs, features, and upcoming events such as deals, product safety, FBA, and local selling
- Amazon business and B2B online store
This will be a live event only, and there will be no replays.
Alternate UPS Shipping Address for VG2 Fulfillment Center in Nevada
Attention, if you use UPS to ship small parcels to Amazon’s new fulfillment center in Las Vegas, please note that UPS cannot process large shipment volumes with labels addressed to Amazon’s VG2 fulfillment center due to network operations issues. To resolve this issue, Amazon has partnered with UPS to redirect freight by addressing shipments to a UPS facility.
If you arrange your own shipping with UPS, you must print labels with the alternate address. If you use other carriers, you can continue using the address for VG2.
If you use the Amazon Partnered Carrier Program and print labels in Seller Central, no action is required as the shipping labels will automatically display the alternate address.
View the full announcement here.
Seller University Series on Brand Analytics
Amazon Seller University has released modules that will allow brand owners to leverage data made available by the powerful suite of data analysis tools and dashboards under the Brand Analytics Program.
The modules included are:
- Intro to Brand Analytics
- Search Catalog Performance Dashboard
- Search Query Performance Dashboard
- Repeat Purchase Behavior Dashboard
- Demographics Dashboard
- Top Search Term Dashboard
- Market Basket Analysis Dashboard
This Week in Seller School…
Here is a roundup of learning resources for this week:
- Amazon Renewed: A New Way of Selling Your Refurbished Items by SageMailer
- How to Prepare for Amazon Prime Day 2023 by Jungle Scout
- An Amazon Bookkeeping Checklist for Tax Day by eComEngine
- Amazon Editorial Recommendations: Crack the Code to Get More Sales for Your Product by sellerapp
- AI Tools Amazon FBA Sellers Can Use Right Now by Seller Metrics
- The Evolution of Amazon & Building Brands Beyond by AM/PM Podcast
- Advanced Amazon Tracking and Walmart Listings by Helium 10
- An Amazon Seller Who 10X’d Her Sales by Helium 10
- Tips for Success in Amazon Reselling AMA by Reezy Resells
- Top 5 Lessons from 20 Years of Living on Ecommerce Income by Silent Sales Machine Radio
- The Best Way to Grow Your Amazon Online Arbitrage Business – Miami Sellers Conference Part 1 and Part 2 by Fields of Profit
Upcoming Seller Events 📍
Here are a few upcoming industry events that you might be interested in. Slick that hair back and start mingling, playa!
Canton Fair 2023 (April 15 – May 5, 2023) – Guangzhou, China
“China’s largest and most comprehensive trade show.”
White Label World Expo (May 3-4, 2023) – Las Vegas, NV
Master being an entrepreneur.
Seller Sessions Live 2023 (May 13, 2023) – London, United Kingdom
“The UK’s premiere conference for Amazon sellers.”
Sellers Summit (May 23-25, 2023) – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“The ultimate learning conference for e-commerce brands.
Growth Labs (May 30-31, 2023) – Austin, TX
“Keep your finger on the pulse of retail media.”
SellerCon (June 1-3, 2023) – Austin, TX
“The most powerful tool to elevate your business.”
European Seller Conference (June 6 – 10, 2023) – Prague, Czech Republic
“Meet Amazon sellers from across the globe.”
Amazon PowWow (July 12-13, 2023) – Palm Beach, FL
“Serious networking. Serious Learning. Serious Fun, A new standard in Amazon events.”
Midwest e-Com Conference 2023 (July 19 -21, 2023) – Minneapolis, MN
“Created by fellow sellers for our fellow sellers.”
Other Quick Clicks
- Patent Pending: Amazon pitches “collective drones”, Walmart eyes dynamic shipping speed display
- Amazon ups its share of Health and Personal Care spend to 6.1% in Q4 2022
- Amazon bans Flipper Zero, claiming it violates policy against skimming card devices
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, comments or violent reactions, let us know below!
The amount of bellyaching that goes on there sometimes….
About The Authors